How to Install LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress hosting server running on LiteSpeed.
LiteSpeed is one of the best and popular web service today, besides Apache and Nginx . LiteSpeed have active principles similar to Apache (ie most of the features of Apache are used on LiteSpeed ). However, it has load capacity and transfer speeds, better data handling Apache pretty much. That is why a number of hosting providers now select LiteSpeed Enterprise (best version) to the web server, although they are not free.
Complete hosting by WP Basic provided through services WordPress Hosting use LiteSpeed Enterprise . One of my favorite features in LiteSpeed is LiteSpeed Cache . It not only helps a blog / website to load faster but also save resources and increase load capacity.
LiteSpeed Cache is not enabled by default. However, you absolutely can activate it via the file .htaccess or use a plug by the LiteSpeed written for WordPress .
Add the following code into the file .htaccess in the root directory of WordPress
You can set parameters of max-age = 120 to whatever time you want. Each unit corresponds to 1 second. Thus, when using the code above, the majority of static data query on your site will be cached for 2 minutes.
The disadvantage of this method is that you will not be able to clear the cache manually or automatically clear the cache when posting articles, comment, edit the file js, css … All operations must wait after the new cache effective.
To address this situation, you should set LiteSpeed Cache using the plugin.
1. Install and activate the plugin LiteSpeed Cache .
2. Next, visit Settings => LiteSpeed Cache . In the tab General you set up as follows.
3. Tab Specific Pages you can leave the settings as shown below.
4. Tab Purge Rules allows you to set the cache automatically deleted when posted or edit posts / comments. It should be set as shown below.
5. Tab Do Not Cache Rules is where you can set the page do not want to cache. Without exception, leave it blank by default.
6. Tab Advanced Settings allows you to set up to use additional compression plugin / css gross, JSS … as Autoptimize such. Because LiteSpeed Cache not available optimization features js, css as some other cache plugin created so this is a pretty good alternative.
After setup is complete, you click the button Save Changes to stay and enjoy the fruits. Simple as that. I wish you success!
Note : Do not use LiteSpeed Cache together with the other cache plugin created offline. If so, remove them before installing LiteSpeed Cache .
For any questions relating to the set LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress please post a comment in the box below for support and answers.
If you liked this article, please subscribe to my blog to regularly update the best articles, the latest by email offline. Thank you very much. 🙂